Tuesday, 17 June 2014

University & Blog Changes

It's been nearly a month since I last posted something on the blog and since then, everything has become a whirlwind in my memory and thinking about all the things I've done in the last month is quite incredible actually!

Most of all, I've finished my first year of university! None of us at university can believe quite how quick the last nine months have shot by and we've all been left a bit dazed by how much has changed, how close we've become considering we've known each other less than a year and by how close moving out of our halls came around. I'm sad it's gone so quickly, I don't think any of us expected that. It's weird because when I was in school and college, I looked forward to summer so much to have a break and be with those I actually wanted to spend time with rather than forced to. However, now I'm at university, I can't wait for the summer to go quickly so I can move back to Bournemouth in September and be in the university environment all over again. It's such a weird and surreal feeling!
For anyone looking at Bournemouth University, I would definitely recommend it, it is a brilliant university that understands students both academically and on a social level.

I've also been elected to be part of a project next year for Nerve Media, the student led media company at Bournemouth University, helping the Online team with the website. This blog certainly helped me get that job which made me realise how grateful I am to have starting the blog regardless of the lack of time I spend on it.

I've decided to kind of change the dynamic of this blog to try and encourage myself to write more on it. My boyfriend (yes, that happened too in the last month) writes a blog where he posts every day about something significant or interesting that happened each day and I really like that idea! I'm going to try and write every few days or at least every week mostly about book related things but occasionally about life, anything of interest really.
I know this is a change that means taking this blog in a different direction and moving away from the 'book blog' aspect. However, at the core of this blog, I will still be a book blogger, just one that writes about other stuff, because books aren't the only thing that I'm interested in! I hope you guys understand this and enjoy what I have to write about, please let me know what kind of things you'd be interested in!

On another note, I am planning my YALC day currently - less than a month to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*