Wednesday, 30 April 2014

What I've Been Up To

The last couple of weeks it may have been noticed that I've been around the blog and on Twitter a lot more, mostly because I am currently in my 3 week Easter break from university. I go back next Monday for the last part of the semester. It's so weird and scary how quickly this first year has gone and how close I am to doing assignments for my degree where it actually counts, how close I am to moving into a proper house with 5 of my friends and how different its all going to be soon. On Monday, I'm back at university for four weeks, take my exam, but then I'm staying on an extra two weeks for the Summer Ball and to organise moving out etc, as well as enjoying the time available now with my current flatmates. It's all so weird to think about.

I'm been quite busy so far in the Easter holidays with a mixture of seeing people I haven't seen in a long time (some before moving to university), going on holiday with my parents as well as visiting one of my flatmates in the beautiful city of Cardiff (and 'aww-ing' at every lamb we passed along the way). I got the train direct from London Paddington to get there, and on the way back had a really weird moment where a guy in front of me offered me, and some fellow passengers, white wine from a bottle he'd stashed in his bag. I declined, although it was tempting, mostly on the principal of a stranger offering me wine alongside the principal I follow as a Londoner that I find it weird talking to people on public transport, but also wanting a clear head to negotiate the Tube on a Sunday evening.

I've also signed up to write for three different publications. I'm part of online student magazines, KettleMag and CultNoise (check them out, they have some really interesting articles) as well as continuing to write features for The Student Eye - the student section of Bournemouth's local newspaper, the Bournemouth Echo. I'm also writing a feature about blogging and vlogging for my university's student magazine, which is published next week! I'm really excited to see it on paper, and I have no idea how the layout will be, what pictures and illustrations will be there, it's all quite exciting!

Book-wise, I've been reading SO MUCH MORE in the Easter holidays because of all this amazing free time in the evenings where I'm not exhausted when I go to bed! The reviews for the books I have read should be going up in the next couple of weeks.
I also got a ticket to go on the Saturday of the inaugural YALC at the LFCC WHICH I AM BEYOND EXCITED FOR. I'm so excited for Rainbow Rowell, Holly Smale, Patrick Ness among others and to meet some of you (already had an 'ohmygodwewillmeeteachotherthisisinsane' session with Lucy at Queen of Contemporary on Twitter)! I'm also going to the blogger and author after party, which you can see more about here if you're interested. This is one of the many reasons I love living in London and being a blogger.

I also realised the other day that I haven't bought (somehow) any books in ages and then found a Waterstones gift card in my purse and an Amazon voucher, so if any of you have any recommendations for me to buy, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*