Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Calling all UK Maureen Johnson fans!

Do you live in the UK? Do you like Maureen Johnson i.e. the hilarious Twitterer and writer of 13 Little Blue Envelopes (my review here), The Last Little Blue Envelope and The Name of the Star?
Yes? Well, this is for you then.

As part of the Queen of Teen award (where you can vote for your favourite YA writer), Guildford High Street Waterstones is hosting the official after-party for the ceremony to celebrate the greatness of females and teen fiction. And who is one of these nominees? You got it, Maureen Johnson amongst others. Past winners have been Cathy Cassidy and Louise Rennison!

Being part of both Waterstones and blogging communities, I am attending with my friend who is a MASSIVE Maureen Johnson fan. We both cannot wait for the day especially as I finish college that day also for the summer. Double YAY.

So, this is the low-down:

Date: 6th July 2012
Time: 7pm
Where: Guildford High St Waterstones (just outside of London)
How do I get there: It's about a 15 minute talk from the train station which connects to Clapham Junction (I'm getting the train to Clapham Junction from my hometown and then changing)

What's happening: Hopefully all the nominees will be there for the Queen of Teen Award but Maureen Johnson has definitely confirmed along with James Dawson, Sue Ransom and Samantha Mackintosh for an evening of food, drinks, talking and most of all books.
*You can still vote for your favourite here:  http://www.queenofteen.co.uk/

If you are interested in this or have any questions, I shall direct you to the lovely Jessica from Waterstones who is organising the event. You can reach her through this email address: events@guildford.waterstones.com 


If you cannot attend that event, Guildford Waterstones have also got Philippa Gregory on the 16th August (small WOW from over here) for the publication of her new book!


I hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, this sounds amazing! It may be a little far away for me [will be checking], but I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Depending where you live, as long as you can get to Clapham Junction, you can probably go to it.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, are you going to! Yay, loads of other bloggers are coming as well. It'll be so much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am with a friend!
      I presume you're going too then, I'll keep an eye out for you then :)

      Delete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*